Most career missionaries devote a significant amount of time to learning and working with some foreign language. We've all had occasion to transcribe some verbal "text" from our adopted language into English, or vice versa. It's usually a bit of a painful process, juggling tape recorders, MP3 players and computer keyboards.
Express Scribe is a free, powerful piece of transcription software that may just make that job easier.
- Variable speed playback (constant pitch).
- Supports many professional foot pedals which connect to the game, serial or USB port to control playback. More info...
- Uses 'hot' keys to control playback when using other software (eg. Word).
- Ability to dock both analog and digital portable recorders to load recordings.
- Works with Microsoft Word and all major word-processor applications.
- Automatically receives and loads files by internet (FTP), email or over a local computer network.
- Automatically sends typing to the person who dictated the work.
- Works with speech recognition software such as Dragon Naturally Speaking to automatically convert speech to text.
- Loads CD audio directly - listen as it loads in the background.
- Integrate with dictation management systems using the Express Scribe SDK.
- Works with FastFox typing utility to turn difficult medical/legal phrases and common terms into mere shortcuts from your keyboard.
- Express Scribe is free.