Saturday, April 22, 2006

Financial Times on Getting Things Done

Linton Chiswick, of the Financial Times has just written a great summary of Getting Things Done, a book and methodology that keeps my boat floating.  In the article, Chiswick gives an brief but thorough overview of the system for achieving “stress free productivity.”  The article will only be available for a couple of days before it disappears behind FT’s pay-only firewall.

I’ve been practicing GTD for nearly two years now and, while I’m not sure I have “stress-free productivity” it’s really helped me get things done.  If you’re not familiar with the book or system, check out the article.

via Office Evolution

2 comments:

Dr. D's Diagnosis said...

Dude, you are going to get me to finish that book yet and actually implement some of the principles, though that "all or nothing" element bothers me. Perhaps it is the only way to Get Things Done. David

Jeff said...

David, I don't think it's 'all or nothing.' GTD is remarkable flexible and independent of technology. The all or nothing aspect of it is, either you capture everything you need to remember to do, and put it on a list, or you will forget things. I'm not sure that has to do with GTD so much as human nature.

I regularly fail to write things down, or record them somehow, and therefore forget to get them done. I'm always free to do that :)