Consider this list a "best-of" from my first two months of blogging.
Posts about the Ribbon and how it works:
- Enter the Ribbon
- It's All About Context
- Dialog Launchers
- Why is it called the Ribbon?
- Stroking the Keys in Office 12
- Scaling Up, Scaling Down
- A Disappearing Act
Posts about Galleries, Formatting, and Results-Oriented Design:
- I'm In Louvre! (Galleries: Part 1 of 3)
- Visualize Whirled Peas (Galleries: Part 2 of 3)
- Results-Oriented Design (Galleries: Part 3 of 3)
- Formatting: An Act In Three Plays
- Saddle Up to the MiniBar
Why did we make a new UI for Office 12?
- The Why of the New UI (Part 1)
- Ye Olde Museum Of Office Past (Why the UI, Part 2)
- Combating the Perception of Bloat (Why the UI, Part 3)
- New Rectangles to the Rescue? (Why the UI, Part 4)
- Tipping the Scale (Why the UI, Part 5)
- Inside Deep Thought (Why the UI, Part 6)
- No Distaste for Paste (Why the UI, Part 7)
- Grading On the Curve (Why the UI, Part 8)
The philosophies, ideas, and design tenets behind the new UI:
- Mythbusters: The Office 12 New UI
- Be Willing To Be Wrong
- What programs get the new Office UI?
- Most People Are Not Trained In Geology
- The Importance Of Labels
- For Sale By Owner
Usability techniques and validation of the new UI: