Friday, February 10, 2006

Speed-Reading Techniques

I don't remember who to 'hat-tip' for this; the page has stayed open in my browser for days. Most of us are exposed to enourmous amounts of information these days. None of us have time to read all the things we might, but this page has some great techniques to build your capacity to read more in less time. They're not tips...tips are minor adjustments in behavior that bring positive change. Good techniques are long-term, major adjustments in paradigm that will cause significant down-stream bonus. Tips just require that you remember, techniques require that you practice.

I've been experimenting with speed-reading since high school and probably read faster than most, but this page if full of ideas that challenged some of my assumptions and gave me insight into getting what I want out of a book.

SPEED

No comments: