Thursday, August 17, 2006

Color-code your folders

Like you I have a lot of folders under My Documents.  Sometimes it takes me several moments to find the one I’m looking for which irritates me and wastes time.

Yesterday Lifehacker had a post on how to color-sorting your folders by color.  The little application, Folder Marker lets you:

….change folder icon (mark folders) by priority (high, normal, low), level of project completeness (done, half-done, planned) and type of information stored in them (work, important, temp and private files).

I downloaded it and tried it out.  But while looking at the Lifehacker comments I found a little application that I like better.  Try out icolorfolder for a great way to add color to your folders.  It’s a great way to make that commonly used folder pop out visually, helping you find it just a little bit quicker.  Once installed, simply righ-click on the folder you want and select the color you’re looking for.

 

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

icolorfolder does NOT work correctly with Windos Vista !

Jeff said...

Hi, thanks for the clarification.